/*scrolling menu script*/ /*End scrolling menu script*/ Booze Bros Light: 18/24 Krambacher Dark.
My Blog The Science Of Superheroes My Art What Dreams May Come Eeeew!!! Light Beer! My Space... So Lay Off! Inhibitions Only Get In My Way Signe the Sk8r Jessica Erskine & Cousin's Blog DJ Floh Back Productions Blog Alfa Trion Dimitri's Photography Page Maps of Meaning
<

Friday, February 19, 2010

18/24 Krambacher Dark.

Reviewed on February 13, 2010

First Impression: Dark, with a nice top, smells nice... all the things I like in a wom... beer. The roasted nut aftertaste makes the beer quite unique. For some reason the beer tasted much better as a free sample than as a full pint. Why didn't I put this tidbit of information into the "intangibles" section? Por que I think that the pint glass wasn't washed as well as the sampler glass. In the sample glass I could really taste the nuttiness to it, whereas in the pint glass I quickly became reminded of Keith's Stout... and I don't want to be reminded of Keith's Stout. There was also a hint of "beer-rag" taste, which probably meant the bartender wiped the side of the glass with a rag to get rid of the dripping foam. I'll give the beer the benefit of the doubt, and deduct from intangibles later for this. 4/6

Speed Rating: Could I pound this beer back? Sure. It does rate much different than the average for beer-guzzling; I could take this beer back all day, or I couldn't. 4/6

Intangibles: Beer-rag smell, crappy Chuck E. Cheese-like glass, reminded of Keith's Stout... so I say minus 1000 points for that. But I was at Insomnia, and I like Insomnia (the place, not the condition). Roberta served us, and she was fun, fun, fun 'till the server took the beer away. She had a tight corset on... it was red. Let's add 1005 points for the venue and the employee. 5/6

Overall Effect: The burnt-roasted hops brings a unique flavour to the beer that most beers can't. In this particular beer there are only the four base ingredients, and no additional preservatives or flavours added; that's gotta count for something. I'll have to go for their blonde wom... beer next time and see how it tastes. 5/6


Total: 18/24. Level of Drunkness: 3/10. I only had a half bottle of wine, and a dirty martini before dinner, and we had to walk to get to Insomnia (Again, the place, not the condition).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home