/*scrolling menu script*/ /*End scrolling menu script*/ Booze Bros Light: 12/24 Big Wheel Deluxe Amber, Amsterdam Brewery (Draught).
My Blog The Science Of Superheroes My Art What Dreams May Come Eeeew!!! Light Beer! My Space... So Lay Off! Inhibitions Only Get In My Way Signe the Sk8r Jessica Erskine & Cousin's Blog DJ Floh Back Productions Blog Alfa Trion Dimitri's Photography Page Maps of Meaning
<

Friday, February 19, 2010

12/24 Big Wheel Deluxe Amber, Amsterdam Brewery (Draught).

Reviewed on February 16, 2010.

I wish to make a slight revision to the "Big Wheel Deluxe Amber, Amsterdam Brewery" beer review, where I will re-list that one as "Bottled" and this one as "Draught". On February 16, 2010 I tried this product for the first time on tap and I must say that I was not as impressed. In fact, I had a bit of trouble finishing the beer. I was at Kalendar with my father, and I even got him to try it, but there was a huge difference in that this particular beer came from a pump-tap. When beers come in this form they are often A) much warmer than usual, and B) not carbonated.
Not my cup of tea.
Not my cup of beer either, apparently.
I should have gone with the scotch ale, but the sample was very sweet to me.

Anyway, if I were to revise the rating it would go as follows:

First Impression: 2/6... Much darker looking without the green bottle, and without the right carbonation there was no head! At least it came in a Big Wheel glass, but at this point I don't care already.

Speed Rating: 1/6... Can't drink more than a pint. Barely drank less than a pint. Good thing I had an amazing half-chicken dish with mashed sweet potatoes to wash it down.

Intangibles: 6/6... Great venue, great food, great company.

Overall Effect: 3/6... but the intangibles have a lot to do with this rating, because there wasn't much else the beer had going for it.

Total: 12/24
Level of Drunkness: 0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home