/*scrolling menu script*/ /*End scrolling menu script*/ Booze Bros Light: 20/24 Big Wheel Deluxe Amber, Amsterdam Brewery (Bottled).
My Blog The Science Of Superheroes My Art What Dreams May Come Eeeew!!! Light Beer! My Space... So Lay Off! Inhibitions Only Get In My Way Signe the Sk8r Jessica Erskine & Cousin's Blog DJ Floh Back Productions Blog Alfa Trion Dimitri's Photography Page Maps of Meaning
<

Thursday, January 21, 2010

20/24 Big Wheel Deluxe Amber, Amsterdam Brewery (Bottled).

Reviewed on January 21, 2010
5.0% Alc./Vol.

First Impression:
The aroma is quite citrus-filled, and perhaps a bit skunky for a traditional amber. It -- like Labatt 50 -- reminds me of an old western saloon, with it's woody-oak smell. I was extremely surprised to find that the flavour wasn't as lasting on the tongue as most ambers or reds can be. This, in my books, is a bonus. I like the flavour to remind me of a bad breakup -- I want it to hit me and then leave me. Which leads me to the "poundability" section... 5/6

Speed Rating:
This beer can go down! Rain, sunshine, clubbing, patio, while masterba... Nevermind. The only reason I'm not giving it a perfect score is because it isn't the holy grain of beers, although it sure goes down like holy water. 5.5/6

Intangibles:
Interesting colour choice for a bottled beer. Neon orange on a green bottle... If I never saw anything so tacky again I still would have fulfilled my life's "tackiness" quota with this one bottle. At least the large bicycle on the front looks cool. The beer itself is a nice amber colour that -- although in any other substance might remind someone of the algae on the side of a boat, or the rust on a big wheel bicycle after years of weathering -- looks surprisingly alluring for a beer. 4.5/6

Overall Effect:
An easily drinkable beer that has enough flavour to keep you from wanting to switch up. It fits into many social situations and contends with other standard beers with ease. But that is were I might fit Big Wheel -- in the "standard" category. Although it is unlike many beers I've tried, I can certainly say that it fits well with most bar's usual suspects. 5/6

Total: 20/24
Level of Drunkness: 0


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home